One hundred percent satisfaction in the emotional category reflects your feelings of living a blessed life; you are often in bliss and feel so grateful for everything coming to you. You have a sense of love and anticipation for the wonder and goodness of life. You live in a gentle flow of grace and ease. The second segment in the balance wheel is the category for our emotional body.
Are you mostly in the state of bliss? Are you content, connected with the Divine, and feeling that all is well in the Universe?
Let yourself get in touch with your feeling body. Reach out with your thoughts into the recent past. What were the recurring feelings that came through for you this past week?
On the low end of the emotional segment is sadness, melancholy, depression and anxiety. At the extreme low ebb, we find “bottom of the barrel” emotions: thoughts of suicide, ongoing pain and anger, jealousy and unrelenting self criticism. Sometimes folks get so low they wonder if life is worth living. If you find yourself in the low range, it is definitely time to start taking some action to improve your happiness and satisfaction.
Pick a number to rank your emotional body. There is a wide range for emotional contentment and ease. If you are under 50%, you will find that there is something else on the wheel that is also out of balance. If it is creativity, you may find that you are not spending enough time painting or dancing. Perhaps you may be out of balance in finance or recreation. When you are looking at true abundance, you are looking at an emotional segment that is pretty rockin’.
To get your feelings into the emotional range of over 75%
- Notice all the good you have in your life
- Stop talking about poor behaviors of others
- Start talking about how loved and lucky you are!
- Keep a gratitude journal
- Create a bulletin board of all your happy adventures or all the wonderful cards you receive from those you love
- Send a love letter to an older relative. Let them know how much their life and examples have meant to you
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen or shelter
- Be a Big Brother, Big Sister or adopt a Grandparent
- Get out in nature, hike with a friend, go mountain biking or take a ski trip
- Babysit and have fun getting into the playfulness of life
- Forgive everyone
- Forgive yourself
- Plan a trip around the world
- Go dancing
- Dress up
- Turn off the TV
- Avoid violence
- Avoid sensational news and radio shows
- Listen to classical or mellow music
- Watch a romantic comedy or a really good documentary
- Find reasons to laugh! The average child finds 300 occasions a day to laugh while the average adult may laugh 3 times or less. Kick up your laughing quotient.
- Light some candles and enjoy a fresh bouquet of flowers
- Spend some time in prayer and meditation
- Helpful supports for when action is not enough
If you have been in a low vibe for a long time, get a neurotransmitter test to find out if your serotonin and dopamine levels are high enough. Neurotransmitter supports are available from Neuro Science Labs at www.neurorelief.com
Alternative products to improve brain chemistry are:
- Essential oils: grapefruit, tangerine and mandarin quell anxiety and stimulate productivity. I like Amrita Oils.
- Sam E, St John’s Wort, “Rescue Calm” and “Field of Flowers” from Energetix
- “Happy Hormones” CD for women and men through www.126.96.36.199/~veda108: If you are prone to mood swings, look into balancing your hormones
- Experiment with herbs: Black Cohosh, Evening Prim Rose, Borage Oil, DHEA and Wild Yam Extract
One of the sure fire ways to raise your satisfaction in this area is to start loving yourself the way you are. Praise and bless yourself for the little steps you are making. Remember a time when, against all odds, you rose to the occasion and took a stand for yourself. Do you remember how good it felt then? Use the memory of that experience to fuel your steps into pleasure and ease.
I encourage you to be the “scientific researcher” in the area of emotions. Get to your happy space. Take little steps and be firmly focused on the happiness coming in. This area must be fortified for true peace.