The vibrant health of your emotional body leads to your feelings of knowing you live a blessed life.
When you are on track in this area you are often in a state of bliss and feel so grateful for everything coming to you. You have a sense of love and anticipation for the wonder and goodness of life and you live in a gentle flow of grace and ease.
Are you mostly in the state of bliss?
Are you content, connected with the divine, and feeling that all is well in the universe?
Let yourself get in touch with your feeling body. Reach out with your thoughts into the recent past. What were the recurring feelings that surfaced through this past week?
On the low end of the emotional segment is sadness, melancholy, depression and anxiety. At the extreme low ebb we find bottom of the barrel emotions; thoughts of suicide, ongoing pain and anger, jealousy and unrelenting self criticism. Sometimes folks get so low they just wonder if life is worth living. If you find yourself in the low range, it is definitely time to start taking some action to improve your happiness and satisfaction.
Pick a number for yourself. There is a big range in emotional contentment and ease. If you are under 50%, you will find that there is something else on the wheel that is also out of balance. Maybe its creativity, like you are not spending enough time painting or dancing… or maybe its finances or recreation. When you are looking at true abundance, you are looking at a emotional segment that is pretty rockin.
- Getting your feelings into the good, over 75%.
- Let yourself notice all the good you have in your life.
- Stop talking about poor behaviors of others.
- Start talking about how loved and lucky you are!
- Keep a gratitude journal
- Create a bulletin board of all your happy adventures, or all the wonderful cards you receive from those you love
- Send a love letter to an older relative, let them know how much their life and examples have meant to you
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen, shelter
- Be a Big Brother or Sister, or adopt a grandparent
- Get out in nature, hike with a friend, go mountain biking, take a ski trip
- Babysit and have fun getting into the playfulness of life
- Forgive everyone
- Forgive yourself
- Plan a trip around the world
- Go dancing
- Dress up
- Turn off the TV
- Avoid Violence
- Avoid sensational news and radio shows
- Listen to classical or mellow music
- Watch a romantic comedy or a really good documentary
- Find reasons to laugh (the average child finds 300 occasions a day to laugh while the average adult 3 times or less), kick up your laughing quotient.
- Light some candles, enjoy a fresh bouquet of flowers
- Spend some time in prayer and meditation
Helpful supports for when action is not enough
- If you have been in a low vibe for a long time, get a neurotransmitter test. Find out is your serotonin and dopamine levels are high enough. You can take natural nuero- transmitter supports from Neuro Science labs (www.neurorelief.com)
Alternative products to improve brain chemistry:
- Essential oils: grapefruit, tangerine and mandarin (quell anxiety, stimulate productivity). I like Amrita Oils.
- Sam E, St John’s Wort, Rescue Calm and Feild of Flowers (from Energetix)
- If you are prone to mood swings look into balancing your hormones. Use my Happy Hormones CD to tune up your entire endocrine system (for women and men).
- Experiment with herbs Black Cohosh, Evening Prim Rose, Borage Oil, Dhea and Wild Yam Extract
One of the sure fire ways to raise your satisfaction in this area is to start loving yourself the way you are. Praise and bless yourself for the little steps you are making. Sometimes it takes courage and discipline to transcend an old pattern. You can do it. Remember a time when against all odds you rose to the occasion and took a stand for yourself? Remember how good it felt then? Use the memory of that to fuel your steps up into pleasure and ease.
I encourage you to be the scientific researcher in the area of emotions and get to your happy space. Take your little steps and be firmly focused on the happiness coming in. This area must be fortified for true peace.